Saturday, September 17, 2011

Plaster gauze dressform [final base]

Made the positive yesterday. Holy crap, that took longer than the negative, despite being 3 rather than four layers and technically smaller.

Lined the negatives with paper towel. Wet the strips of plaster gauze and put them in. With these I was extra careful to make sure all the plaster was smoothed out, so maybe that's what took so long...?

One of the many perks to it being so dry right now was that the positive was solidly dry about 24 hours later, so I went ahead and filed down the sides and put the two halves together using more plaster gauze on the outside

It was at this point I realized I'd made a mistake with the positive: it needs to be trimmed to the edge of the negative before it dries. This way it can more easily be shaped.

The greyish stripe from the gauze makes it disorienting to scroll up and down. It took me a minute to realize it wasn't my eyes
 
Hmmm...stand will be made when I get back from school this week. Or tomorrow.

Ah, and will add really, really horrible jewelry photos. They'll be updated with nicer ones...someday.


 Literally taken as I was packing them up to be sent out to Little Black Box. 5.19 priority shipping on a 2 lb, 11 oz box. Can't properly express how happy I am they're located in TX *,*

No comments:

Post a Comment