Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cyber falls!

So I've been eying these for years, and I've finally gotten a chance to make them for a reasonable price.


Not quite done with them yet--I want to add more rexlace so there's greater texture and not just mountains of crin, but I want to trim what's there first (will do...once my hair dries), and I'm playing with the idea of stringing gears on embroidery thread and adding that to the mix. No, this is not 'steampunking' my falls--gears just make things more shiny, and shiny is good.

Now, Anachronaut's falls are the only ones I've seen that I would remotely consider steam...or Predator. Either way, they're gorgeous. (And you know what? There's not a single gear in them. Anyway, I digress.)

These took much longer to make an I anticipated, though a lot of it was me staring at the parts trying to figure out how on earth I was going to put them together, given the strange cuts I had.

Pictured: Brother-turned-mannequin

I'm going to test my theory about these being worn in a 'normal' setting, and not just for clubbing (would you consider school 'normal?'). Simple grey dress with feminine cut, tights, and boots. Personally, I don't think these are any 'weirder' than a headful of dreads, but we'll see.


Materials: Tubular crin, foam, rexlace, plastic tubing, woven ribbon, watch parts, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment