Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Backlog

I keep telling myself I'll make this blog happen, but *sweatdrop* I never have the time, nor have I been regularly crafting since school started. Here's to hoping one post will set off a chain of productivity.


One of the older hats made summer 2010 to add to Oni-Con inventory that was an experimental piece, to be honest. I was trying to figure out the best order of assembly for the parts. It was a dainty palm size and sold the first day.

Materials include polyester fabric, dyed ostrich feather, glue, giant alligator clip, and only one or four curses.


Here was my attempt to introduce the children that attend Oni-Con to the world of tasteful color. For an experimental piece, I actually love the way this one came out, and it gave me zero grief during its creation. This one is a little larger than my normal hats--it's about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the average headpiece.

Materials include cotton, ostrich feather (added later), glue, giant alligator clip, felt, buckram, polyester ribbon, plastic beads, and fake flowers (probably felt and plastic).


Red skirt and antique petticoat made for the Alice in Wonderland midnight showing because I thought it would be cheating to go as the Mad Hatter, given I dress like that on a normal basis.


Detail of the drape and petticoat. The petticoat was modeled after one I purchased in the summer with a minor adjustment. Definitely need to remake this poor thing.

The lovely lady to the right is my good friend Abi, who sewed her entire outfit plus the most gorgeous cloak in the the week before finals. She is a demon with the sewing machine (and I'm pretty sure her machine is possessed, so it's a good pairing, methinks.)

Materials: Lots and lots of muslin and elastic. And more muslin.


To come soon (this weekend? Hopefully??):
Photos of fabric available
Jewelry


Hats and skirts designed and created by me 
Corset by Damsel in This Dress
Photos by the devastatingly talented Shaoshao Chen.

No comments:

Post a Comment